Much like fashion, website design is constantly changing with the development of new patterns and styles. It basically involves creating a website that will showcase a professional impression so that everything is always up to date and on trend. When you go to an interview, don’t you want to look your best?
If your response is “absolutely!” Here are 5 crucial web design tips to keep in mind:
- Keep it clean and clutter-free
The world around us has become quite cluttered and the web is no exception. Why not give your site visitor’s a break from all the noise and clutter? Embracing things like flat design and white space (you can read more about this here) can do wonders for your site visitor’s experience.
- Website design reconstruction
Make some mental or actual notes on what you would like to emulate on your own site. Do you think a long scrolling page would work well with your site? Whatever it is you find appealing, think about how you can make it happen in your own website’s design scheme.
- Put visual hierarchy to use
It’s a term that essentially means our eyes pay attention to web space in a specific pattern — a pattern that can help you improve important content on your site. This means you’ll get the most eyes on your button in the top left corner of your site, and those eyes could very well mean more clicks. Remember, only put your most important content in these coveted spaces– if you put too much in one spot your visitor will be overwhelmed and you won’t get the result you’re aiming for.
- Make your words quick and easy to read
Text is important. It’s there to provide relevant information and answer queries even before they’ve been asked. That being said– don’t make your readers squint to read it. There are a few simple rules you can follow that will keep you and your text untainted:
- Be sure your colors collaborate. For example: placing cream colored text on a white background will perhaps leave your site visitors with a headache or make them quit and move on. Neither of these outcomes is desirable– so make certain you double check all your text for its easiness of legibility.
- Don’t use uber-tiny typeface size. While it might look charming, it’s just not practical. Make certain your visitors won’t need a magnifying glass to identify your message.
- Stand by your fonts. Create a theme and take a brand where your site stays with only three fonts– two might even be better. For extra points, ensure the fonts you pick are reader-friendly and don’t leave your visitors wondering if they know Sanskrit.
- Get the best from the mobile version of your website
Learn how to create a stunning website with Wix.com! This is a great site for beginners. With Wix’s intuitive interface and advanced design features, this video showcases Wix as the best way for beginners and even professional web designers to easily, create quality websites in just a couple of minutes. Check out 25 Web Design Tips To Honor 25 Years Of The Web.